Skip to main content
Go to homepage

Print Page

What Should I Do About a Lump on My Testicle?

I Have A Lump on One of My Testicles. What Should I Do?

You should tell your mom or dad about any lumps or swelling in your testicles (say: TESS-tih-kulz). You will need to visit the doctor. The doctor will examine your testicles and feel for the lumps. It shouldn't hurt and it's the best way for the doctor to check it out.

Lumps in the testicles could be many things. Some are perfectly normal. For example, you may be feeling the epididymis (say: ep-uh-DID-uh-miss), the tightly coiled tube where sperm are stored. Other lumps may be signs of a problem that won't go away on its own, so tell a parent and then see the doctor.

Reviewed by: KidsHealth Medical Experts
Date Reviewed: Oct 2, 2023

Lea este articulo en Español

What next?

By using this site, you consent to our use of cookies. To learn more, read our privacy policy.