As life gets back on track for many families, some activities, such as concerts, sporting events and travels abroad, may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for the health and safety of everyone. Rather than relying on paper CDC vaccine cards that can get lost or left behind, MyChart is making it easy with digital vaccination records available at your fingertips.
From the website or mobile app, MyChart now offers a secure and easy way to share your children’s COVID-19 vaccination records — even if they received their vaccines outside of Akron Children’s — by:
- Generating a QR code in MyChart that can be scanned by participating organizations to verify your child’s vaccine status
- Printing a PDF version of your child’s vaccination records
- Exporting vaccine information to another application, such as a health wallet app
Get started: How to obtain your children’s vaccination records
- Log into MyChart. Select a patient.
- From the Main Menu, scroll down to My Record and click “COVID-19.”
- If your child received the COVID-19 immunization at an Akron Children’s location, “COVID-19 vaccination complete” will appear.
- If your child received a COVID-19 vaccination outside of Akron Children’s, “No Vaccine Received” will appear. Click “Update” to retrieve vaccination information from the Ohio Department of Health immunization registry. Once found, it will display the vaccine records automatically.
- Click “QR Codes” to generate one. By checking the box under “Quick Access Option,” a COVID-19 button will appear at the top of every page in MyChart for quicker access.
- Click “Download/Export” to download and save a PDF copy to your device so you can print or email a copy. You can also export your child’s vaccine records to other health wallet apps.
If vaccine records are not found, you can follow the steps to manually upload your children’s vaccine information. You will need their CDC vaccination card for dose, lot numbers and other information, and to upload a copy of the card. Once entered, Akron Children’s will review the information before it is added to MyChart.
For questions about COVID-19 activity in MyChart, call 330-543-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.