Akron Children’s Pain Center is one of only a few centers in a five-state region that addresses physical, psychological and emotional well-being, not just the symptoms of pain.
- Treatment for acute and chronic pain in children and teens includes:
- Interventional pain management, including peripheral and neuraxial nerve blocks
- Epidural steroid injections
- Ketamine infusions to treat pain and depression
- Cryoablation for analgesia
- Sphenopalatine blocks
Massotherapy to promote healing by stimulating the body’s natural recuperative powers and provide an alternative to narcotics
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to teach children and adolescents coping strategies that help reduce pain, improve function and reduce stress
Make referrals through Epic or call 330-543-8503.