Akron Children’s is committed to offering parents reliable, effective tools to help them make informed decisions and easily access health care for their children when and where they need it.
That’s why Akron Children’s has updated its mobile application, Akron Children’s Anywhere, so families can access new and existing services in one convenient location.
Managing your children’s health has never been easier. The app, which is available for both Android and Apple devices, is free and puts a variety of convenient on-the-go health tools in the palm of your hand.
Akron Children’s Anywhere has been redesigned with a new user interface that is more attractive and consumer friendly, and boasts additional functionality, including:
- Interactive walking directions for the Akron and Beeghly (Mahoning Valley) hospital campuses
- A more prominent MyChart login on every screen to easily access a child’s account, message doctors, request prescription renewals, get test results and more
- Ability to schedule and connect to online appointments
- A comprehensive search bar that ties to Akron Children’s website and health information
- Access to Akron Children’s family support programs and community-based resources
- Searchable clinical trials
- Ways to get involved, including events, volunteering and career opportunities
- Links to patient stories on our blog
- Ability to send an e-card to a patient
All our great features on the current app will continue to be available: providing tools to find a primary care doctor or specialist, finding locations and directions, and giving quick, secure access to MyChart, Bill Pay and other tools. And when your child needs care, the renowned experts at Akron Children’s are just one tap away.
See for yourself how Akron Children’s Anywhere is helping families make everyday health decisions:
Does your child have a new symptom, injury or behavior? Check out these app tools:
- Symptom Checker: to find out what they could mean and what you should do.
- Parent Advice: for answers to questions about behaviors, eating or wellness
- First Aid: for quick reference when time is precious
- Meds: for dosage information and maintaining a list of your child’s medications
Does your child need to be seen? Find the appropriate level of care through these app services:
- Find a Doc: search our directory for the right doctor for your child by name, specialty or office location
- Location: to gain quick access to Akron Children’s 2 hospital campuses and 60+ primary, specialty, urgent care and emergency locations near you with hours and contact information
- Emergency: for quick connections to the Poison Control Center, 9-1-1 and Emergency Rooms
- Virtual Visits: for connecting to on-demand and online appointments
Do you want to connect with Akron Children’s? Find us through these app features:
- Contact Us: useful phone numbers for common Akron Children’s services
- Feedback: to let us know what you think and how we can improve our services
- Giving: to make a difference to the thousands of children we treat by your online donation
- Social media: to join the conversation on our social channels
“What makes this app unique is it can be used by anyone in the community, whether their child is a patient of Akron Children’s or not, to help families achieve health success,” said Beth Smith, Akron Children’s vice president of public relations and marketing. “Similarly for current patients, this new app represents Akron Children’s between patient visits and provides families useful tools 24/7 to reduce the stress of managing their children’s health.”