Children bring some of life’s most delightful surprises—but unexpected health care costs are not counted among those joys. At Akron Children’s, we want to make it easier for you to estimate your health care costs.
That’s why MyChart features “Estimates,” where you can generate cost estimates prior to receiving care. Gone are the days of waiting for open office hours or snail-mail letters to receive this vital information.
“We think it’s important to be as transparent as possible and provide our patient families out-of-pocket costs for their planned visits and procedures, just like if they were shopping online,” said Matt Rusch, Akron Children’s vice president of revenue cycle. “It also gives families a better idea as to which services are covered. This helps to provide visibility for their overall financial well-being.”
Patient families can receive cost-of-care estimates for any type of visit or procedure, including well checks or sick visits, surgical procedures, such as a tonsillectomy or ear tube placement, radiology, or lab testing.
The cost-of-care estimates are designed to provide the most current pricing information available. However, in some cases unexpected costs may occur if additional testing or other services are deemed necessary.
Get Started: How to generate a cost-of-care estimate
- Log on to mychart.akronchildrens.org.
- In the upper-righthand corner, switch to the correct patient, if necessary.
- From the patient’s main menu, scroll down to Billing and click “Estimates.”
- Hit “Create a new estimate” and select the procedure/visit information. You can search by the medical CPT code, if you have that information.
- The next screen will display your insurance information on file. You can select “Use my insurance” or “Don’t use insurance” to calculate the estimate.
If you have any questions or need to update your insurance information, call the number provided on the request form (330-543-2455) to speak directly with a financial counselor.
For more information about MyChart or how to generate cost-of-care estimates, contact us at 330-543-4400 or email email@example.com.