Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics in Austintown now has four times the number of exam rooms at its Austintown location to serve the growing need for pediatric care in the area.
An extensive addition to the building, which expanded the space to three times its previous size, is now complete. The site, located at 5480 Norquest Blvd., also features a larger waiting area and larger parking lot.
The office now has a total of 10,267 square feet, and the original 3,000 square-foot space has been completely renovated to seamlessly blend with the new construction. There are now 24 exam rooms, an increase from the original six.
Other highlights of the new building include:
- More accessibility for wheelchair users and the addition of a wheelchair-accessible scale.
- A dedicated child guidance room used for counseling/behavioral health visits.
- Four dedicated assessment areas for recording of height, weight, blood pressure and temperatures, an increase from the previous one.
This expanded location is just one way Akron Children’s is helping to expand access for more families in the Mahoning Valley.
“We opened our Austintown location in 2016, and since then the number of families choosing it has steadily increased,” said Mike Mainwaring, vice president of Community Care for Akron Children’s. “This newly expanded and renovated space allows us to continue our commitment to provide essential pediatric care to children in Austintown and throughout the Mahoning Valley.”
The Austintown office’s providers are Dr. Erin Donley, Dr. Catherine Henson and Dr. Jessica Tattershall and pediatric nurse practitioner Melanie Klockner.
Akron Children’s Hospital is committed to serving patients in a clean and safe environment. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the hospital has redoubled its efforts to provide a safe environment for families and employees, closely following the governor’s and CDC guidelines.
At all of its sites, Akron Children’s is:
- Limiting entry points.
- Practicing social/physical distancing.
- Continually educating and retraining caregivers on personal protective equipment and hand hygiene.
- Cleaning common areas frequently.
- Installing more hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Decreasing the number of visitors.
- Giving surgical masks to all Akron Children’s employees working on-site.
- Asking everyone visiting an Akron Children’s facility to wear masks or face coverings, except for kids under 2 or those with sensory issues. Masks are provided for visitors who do not bring their own.
For appointments, call 330-543-2778 or toll free 833-543-2778.
You must be logged in to post a comment.