1. Not only does Cody Shearrow walk the halls as a nurse in the Showers Family Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders, but the recent nursing grad was once a patient here.
2. We wished a Happy NICU nurse day to all of our nurses at our 8 NICUs/Special Care Nurseries for caring for our tiny patients and their families.
3. We saluted our employees who are here when the kids need them, including holiday weekends. Thank you to our hardworking employees for all they do, 24/7, 365 days a year.
4. For Kelly Musick, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is more than where she works. The clinical coordinator at Akron Children’s has the unique perspective of being both an employee and a patient family.
5. We congratulated our neuromuscular program for becoming a Certified Duchenne Care Center Program by Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.
The center is one of only 30 that have been certified nationwide.