Kids don’t operate 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and their health care shouldn’t either. That’s why Akron Children’s offers families the ability to schedule a child’s sick visit day or night at its pediatric offices through MyChart (except for Locust Pediatric Care Group).
Gone are the days of waiting for open office hours or remaining on hold to make an appointment. It’s quick and easy, and it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or through the MyChart app for your convenience.
Whether you schedule through MyChart or call Akron Children’s Appointment Center, the same appointment schedule will be available for all patients.
To schedule a sick visit in MyChart, the child must be 6 months or older and an established patient at one of our pediatric offices. Typical symptoms may include:
- Cough, congestion and other cold symptoms
- Ear pain
- Eye redness, drainage or itching
- Sore throat
- Pain on urination
- Splinter or tick removal
- Rash or other skin infections
For some high-risk symptoms, such as diarrhea or concussion, families are asked to call the office to schedule the appointment to ensure the child’s safety.
How to schedule a sick visit
Scheduling a sick visit is similar to scheduling a well visit. Here’s how:
- Log in to mychart.akronchildrens.org. Select a patient.
- Click the “Schedule an Appointment” icon under “Visits” or in the right column. Then, choose your reason for scheduling (ACHP Office Visit) and the appointment type (Sick Visit). Hit “continue.”
- Select your child’s symptoms from the drop-down list and hit “continue.”
- Choose your location and provider. Next, hit “continue.”
- Search for your preferred date and time.
- Review the pre-visit summary and hit “schedule.”
For more questions about scheduling sick visits or MyChart in general, call 330-543-4400 or email email@example.com.