This recipe from Parents Magazine takes about 30 minutes to make and has less than 500 calories per serving.
- 5 ounces Chinese noodles (chuka soba)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions until just done. Drain and toss with the sesame oil to keep from sticking; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and vinegar; set aside.
- Place a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peanut oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 10 to 15 seconds or until just fragrant but not colored. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Add the lettuce and carrots and stir-fry for 1 minute more or until lettuce wilts. Add the reserved noodles and toss to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture and toss until everything is well-coated. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve immediately.