The clear and timely flow of information between family and care provider is often the key to safe, high quality care.
- Tell us about your child so that we can get to know him, including his medical history, medications, fears and behaviors.
- Everyone at Akron Children’s who cares for your child will be wearing an identification badge. Ask to see a badge if it’s not visible.
- Everyone who cares for your child should tell you their name and role. Be sure to tell staff members what you would like to be called. If your child is an inpatient, you can keep track of who is caring for her by writing each care provider’s name in the All About Me patient stay journal from your welcome folder.
- Ask questions and have answers explained to you in a way you can understand. This includes interpretation and translation, free of charge, in a language you prefer. This also includes giving you the needed help if you have vision, speech, hearing or cognitive concerns.
- If your child is an inpatient, write down information in your All About Me patient stay journal, including questions you want to ask your care providers, medicine names and amounts, test results, and other tips and information from your care providers.
- Be present and help comfort and calm your child during stressful tests and procedures. Let us know what works best for your child when he is scared.
PREVIOUS: Patient Information
NEXT: Medication Safety