Palliative Care Funds
Whether suffering is physical, emotional, social, spiritual or practical, Akron Children’s Hospital’s palliative care team provides treatment to relieve symptoms and conditions that cause distress and detract from a child’s enjoyment of life.
Help support this important program by donating to one of the funds benefitting the Haslinger Family Center for Pediatric Palliative Care.
- Colin James Carr Fund supports bereavement services and programs.
- The Children's Garden Fund was established to provide financial support for the construction and operation of the Children's Garden of Hope and Healing in Akron Children's Hospital's Perkins Square Park.
- Cushwa Family Pediatric Palliative Care Fund supports department staff with the intent on enhancing provision of home-based services for patients with life-threatening illness and their families.
- The Lauren Ellen Gartner, Forever in Our Hearts, Memorial Fund supports the Expressive Therapy Program.
- Palliative Care Fellowship Fund supports programs, activities and supplies, deemed beneficial to enhancing the education of the pediatric palliative care residents.
- Palliative Care General Fund provides support for equipment, supplies and education.
- Pediatric Palliative Care Gift Card Fund provides funds to purchase gift cards for use by patients and/or families for groceries, clothing, gasoline, etc.
- Austin Michael Davis Memorial Endowment Fund provides funding to support and enhance the projects and services of the Palliative Care Center.
- Haslinger Family Pediatric Palliative Care Center Fund helps defray unreimbursed costs associated with the center.
- Sarah Elizabeth Friebert, MD, Leadership Chair in Pediatric Palliative Care Fund supports the director of the Haslinger Family Pediatric Palliative Care Center.
- Andre Sobel River of Life Program Fund helps relieve the financial burden of single caregivers caring for children with life-threatening illness.