The 52nd annual Harness Race Rally, which was held in August by the Friends of Akron Children’s Hospital, raised $46,000 for the hospital’s School and Community Oncology Outreach Program.
On Sept. 17, the Friends announced the 2013 total at a thank you luncheon at Fairlawn Country Club.
During the luncheon, awards were also given to top sellers of raffle tickets and sponsorships, including:
• First overall highest seller: Rosemarie George, of Akron
• Second overall highest seller: Madeline Bozzelli, of Cuyahoga Falls
• First highest individual ticket seller: Betsy Clark, of Fairlawn
• Second highest individual ticket seller: Rosemarie George, of Akron
• Top signature seller: Gia D’Andrea, of Cuyahoga Falls
Since the beginning of the Harness Race Rally, the event has raised more than $3 million for various hospital programs.
52nd annual Harness Race Rally raises $46,000 for S.C.O.O.P.
What to expect when coming to Akron Children's
For healthcare providers and nurses
Residency & Fellowships, Medical Students, Nursing and Allied Health
For prospective employees and career-seekers
Our online community that provides inspirational stories and helpful information.