Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley has expanded its services to include sports medicine, now available at the Boardman Medical Pavilion.
Providing services will be pediatric sports medicine physician Christopher Liebig, MD. Dr. Liebig attended West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, W.Va. and completed a residency in pediatrics at Medical College of Virginia at VCU in Richmond, Va. He has completed a fellowship in pediatric sports medicine at Akron Children’s in Akron.
Joining the orthopedic team will be Patrick Riley, Jr. Dr. Riley graduated from Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) in Rootstown, Ohio and completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at Summa Health System in Akron. He completed a fellowship in Pediatric Sports Orthopedics at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Sports medicine services that are available in Boardman include:
• Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of sports, dance and recreational injuries
• Comprehensive concussion care including initial evaluation, management and clearance
• Collaboration with other disciplines in evaluation medical conditions for sports participation
• School-based services as team physicians and/or athletic trainers
• Sports physicals for individuals, teams or schools
• Adult sports medicine evaluations and exercise prescriptions
The Boardman Medical Pavilion is located at 8423 Market Street, Suite 300. To make an appointment, call 330-729-1145.
What to expect when coming to Akron Children's
For healthcare providers and nurses
Residency & Fellowships, Medical Students, Nursing and Allied Health
For prospective employees and career-seekers
Our online community that provides inspirational stories and helpful information.