Pediatric Care Associates in Warren joins Akron Children's Hospital
On Nov. 7, Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics will welcome the practice of Pediatric Care Associates, 8720 E. Market St., Warren, to its network of pediatric primary care offices. The name of the practice will become Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics—Warren.
Physicians at this practice, which include Drs. Gary T. Backner, K. Gurumurthy, Amy Rice Young and Angela M. Pettenati, will continue seeing patients at the current location.
- Gary T. Backner, DO, earned his degree in osteopathic medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania. He interned with Warren General Hospital and completed a residency with Akron Children’s Hospital. Previously, Dr. Backner was the chief of pediatrics at Trumbull Memorial Hospital in Warren.
- K. Gurumurthy, MD, earned his medical degree from Tanjore Medical College in India and completed an internship at Tanjore Medical College Hospital. Dr. Gurumurthy completed a residency at King County Hospital in New York and a residency at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y. He completed a fellowship in nephrology at Down State Medical Center at New York University where he also served as assistant professor. He currently is the chief of pediatrics at Trumbull Memorial Hospital in Warren and a clinical associate professor at Northeastern Ohio Medical University in Rootstown.
- Amy Rice Young, MD, earned her medical degree from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. She completed an internship and residency with The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Columbus Children’s Hospital. Dr. Young is currently the medical director of Children’s Rehabilitation Center in Warren.
- Angela M. Pettenati, MD, earned her medical degree from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine in Rootstown, Ohio. She completed a residency and internship with Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C.
The practice provides a full range of care for infants, children and teens, including:
- Well child visits/routine check-ups
- Sports, school and camp physicals
- Treatment for illness and injury
- Chronic disease management
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m.-noon. To schedule an appointment, call 330-856-9699. Learn about the 18 Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics locations throughout northeast Ohio – including a location in Boardman – at akronchildrens.org/pediatrics.