Akron Children’s Hospital is participating in the 2nd annual celebration of #GivingTuesday on Tuesday, Dec. 3. #GivingTuesday began in 2012 and is a movement to encourage others to support community organizations.
All funds raised on #GivingTuesday will benefit the Courage for Carina Gift Card fund, which provides funds to purchase gift cards for use by patients and families receiving care from the Haslinger Family Center for Pediatric Palliative Care at Akron Children’s Hospital.
In addition to making a monetary donation, the community can:
1. Tell people about #GivingTuesday and how their donation can make a difference for children with complex, chronic or serious conditions.
2. Sign up to be a Change Bandit for the upcoming “Have a Heart, Do Your Part” or Mix 98.9 “Miracles & Promises” radiothons at akronchildrens.org/changebandit.
3. Read and share via social media a blog post at inside.akronchildrens.org with #GivingTuesday.
4. Learn how to volunteer at Akron Children’s Hospital.
5. Donate online at akronchildrens.org/givingtuesday and choose the #GivingTuesday option for the gift to benefit the Courage for Carina palliative care gift card fund.
“It is our hope that #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a movement around the holidays that is dedicated to giving, similar to how Black Friday and Cyber Monday are synonymous with holiday shopping” said John Zoilo, executive director of the Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation. “The Courage for Carina Gift Card fund provides our families with gift cards for every day expenses such as gasoline, groceries and other items that are greatly appreciated by our patient families.”
For more information about #GivingTuesday at Akron Children’s Hospital, visit akronchildrens.org/givingtuesday.
Participate in #GivingTuesday on Dec. 3 and support Akron Children's Hospital!
What to expect when coming to Akron Children's
For healthcare providers and nurses
Residency & Fellowships, Medical Students, Nursing and Allied Health
For prospective employees and career-seekers
Our online community that provides inspirational stories and helpful information.