While medications can control seizures in about 80 percent of epilepsy patients, the remaining 20 percent are left to find other ways to treat this potentially debilitating disease.
During an interactive webchat on Thursday, Jan. 12, 12:30-1 p.m., Akron Children’s Hospital epilepsy experts Roger Hudgins, MD, director of pediatric neurosurgery, and Deborah Holder, MD, director of epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology, will discuss how surgery can ease the symptoms of epilepsy and even provide cure for many severely affected individuals.
Grace Smith, MD, will moderate the webchat, called “Surgical Treatment of Epilepsy: What Parents and Doctors Should Know.”
Viewers can email their questions ahead of time to be answered during the live program, or submit a question during the half-hour program, by clicking HERE.
An archive of the program will be available after the webchat at www.orlive.com/akronchildrens/channels/akronchildrens.
What to expect when coming to Akron Children's
For healthcare providers and nurses
Residency & Fellowships, Medical Students, Nursing and Allied Health
For prospective employees and career-seekers
Our online community that provides inspirational stories and helpful information.