Event: To Tech or Not To Tech*
Pros and Cons of Using Technology with Young Children with Autism*
*On demand viewing
Web Ex Training Center
To Tech or Not To Tech: Pros and Cons of Using Technology with Young Children with Autism
Amy Keren, BA, Preschool Teacher, Family Child Learning Center; Mike Esposito, CCC-SLP; Jeff Dennison, father of a child with ASD
Who should attend
Parents of children birth through 5 with special needs, and the professionals who serve them.
Participants will learn:
- what is/could be assistive technology (AT)
- some ground rules for introducing AT
- if an iPad would be easy/useful for a young child and how to introduce and use an iPad
- how to set-up a choice board using an app from the iTunes store
- observe a demonstration of alphabet writing apps
- see the cause and effect apps have on children with different developmental levels
- discuss the pros and cons of using technology with a young child with autism
The webinar will begin after you register. On demand sessions do NOT qualify for HMG contact hours, CPDUs or a certificate of attendance.
For more information, contact:
Family Child Learning Center
Want an email reminder for this event?
Let us send you a reminder two days prior to the event "To Tech or Not To Tech*."
Click here to set up an email reminder for this event.