Akron Children's Burn Funds
The Paul and Carol David Foundation Burn Institute at Akron Children's Hospital
The Akron Children’s Hospital Paul and Carol David Foundation Burn Institute provides specialized care for burn victims of all ages throughout northeast Ohio. Akron Children's is one of only two pediatric hospitals in the country that treats adult burn patients.
Philanthropy enables us to provide the best care possible for our patients. Learn more about the specific funds that support the Burn Institute:
- Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) Fund is for supplementary purchases for patients and families.
- Corbin Burn Research Fund supports and expands the burn research capability in burn care and injury protection at the hospital’s Burn Center.
- Eva D. Davis Burn Education Fund supports staff education and travel expenses.
- Robert L. Klein Memorial Fund helps purchase books, magazines and educational material or equipment for the Burn Institute.
- Henry N. Luckhardt Burn Fund supports expenses associated with community service, child advocacy and research.
- Dr. Donald Minnig Memorial Fund is used to acquire new Burn Institute equipment.
- Paul and Carol David Foundation Burn Institute Fund is used to offset construction costs and equipment needs related to the relocation of the burn facilities to the north addition of the hospital.
- Regional Burn Center Special Projects Fund is used for equipment, staff education, patient/family information, prevention programs, research and patient support.
- Henry P. and Helen Schmidt Burn Education Endowment Fund supports education programs.