Vice President, Akron Children's Mahoning Valley
As the Vice President of Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley, Sharon Hrina has overseen the transformation of an 8-bed pediatric unit into a full service, 32-bed free standing pediatric hospital, including business planning, development, oversight and construction of all sites/campuses, clinical programs and recruitment of physicians. Previously, she served as Administrative Director for Mahoning Valley services.
Among her many achievements, Hrina has earned:
- Ohio Nurses Association (ONA) District Three, Contributions to Nursing Award, 1994-present
- ONA District Three, Excellence in Nursing Administration Award, 1990.
- YMCA Women of the Year – ONA District Three nominee, 1993
- ONA District Three, Honorary Recognition Award, 1994
- ONA District Three Leadership Award, 2005
- ONA Excellence in Nursing Service Award, 2007
- Induction into Cornelius Leadership Congress, 2007
- Youngstown State University Department of Nursing Alumnus of the Year, May 2010
Hrina is active on many community boards and committees, including
- Arthritis Foundation
- American Heart Association, Eastern Ohio
- Lake to River Health Care Coalition
- Hospice of the Valley
- YSU Nursing Alumni
- Northeast Ohio Health Connect Steering Committee
- Tri-County Community Health Assessment
- Planning Steering Committee
- Access Health Mahoning Valley
- YSU Bitonte College of Health and Human Services Board of Visitors
She also volunteers with the ONA District Three Leadership Development Program and supports and participates in the YWCA’s Young Women with Bright Futures Award. Hrina is a resident of Canfield.
Akron Children's Hospital
6505 Market St.
Map & Directions
BS in Nursing, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
MS in Nursing Administration, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
American College of Healthcare Executives
Ohio Hospital Association