The Kohl’s Future Fitness Club presented by Akron Children’s Hospital, in partnership with Kohl’s Department stores, has announced new sessions in the greater Akron area to promote healthy living to kids and education for their parents.
According to The Kaiser Family Foundation, 33.3 percent of children in Ohio are overweight or obese – 1.7 percent higher than the national average. The Kohl’s Future Fitness Club helps reverse the rising obesity trend, and give Ohio children longer and healthier lives.
The program is designed for children ages 8 to 13 and educates them about fitness, healthy eating habits and safe weight loss. Participants engage in noncompetitive activities such as obstacle courses, rope jumping, relays, games and circuit training, while receiving the foundation they need to be active for the rest of their lives.
Upcoming sessions include:
• David YMCA, Massillon (7389 Caritas Circle, NW) Nov. 10 – Dec. 8
• LifeCenter Plus, Hudson (5133 Darrow Rd.) Nov. 8 – Dec. 20
• Riverfront YMCA, Cuyahoga Falls (544 Broad Blvd.) Nov. 8 – Dec. 13
• Green YMCA, Uniontown (3800 Massillon Rd.) Nov. 8– Dec. 20
• Lake YMCA, Uniontown (11928 King Church Ave.) Nov. 12 – Dec. 5
• Macedonia Family Recreation Center (1494 East Aurora Rd.) Nov. 8 – Jan. 3
• Meyers Lake YMCA, Canton (1333 North Park Ave.) Nov. 8 – Dec. 1
• Pinnacle Sports, Medina (313 Medina Rd.) Nov. 8 – Dec. 20
• Wooster YMCA, Wooster (680 Woodland Rd.) Nov. 9 – 28
For more information, a complete list of locations and prices nearest you visit akronchildrens.org/kohlsfitness or call Amy Chand at 330-543-2126.
Kohl's Future Fitness Club announces Akron-area sessions for fall
What to expect when coming to Akron Children's
For healthcare providers and nurses
Residency & Fellowships, Medical Students, Nursing and Allied Health
For prospective employees and career-seekers
Our online community that provides inspirational stories and helpful information.